Food Safety / Kestrel Tellevate News
Comments: No Comments
Kestrel is currently seeking a Regional Food Safety Consulting Lead to lead and deliver components of food safety engagements that identify, design and implement food safety compliance solutions for clients. This individual’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Recognize key client business issues, determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Develop food standards and production specifications, safety and sanitary regulations
- Share oversight on food safety projects related to FDA/USDA Compliance, GFSI and establishment of qualified/certified food safety management systems.
- Inspect food processing areas to ensure compliance with government regulations and standards for sanitation, safety, quality, and waste management standards.
- Lead team of consultants in conducting food safety process analysis, defining requirements, and developing functional and non‐functional specifications.
- Evaluate food processing and storage operations and develop of quality assurance programs for such operations.
- Manage projects, research, and analysis to develop benchmarks and best practices.
- Oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively participate or manage your role or the team and day‐to‐day client relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Participate in development and presentation of proposals for business development activities and demonstrate products to existing clients.
- Develop, maintain, and grow client relationships and contribute to projects from planning through execution.
- Effectively lead and manage as a team member of professionals and provide and receive regular feedback and coaching based on company policy and assignments by management.
- Advise senior leadership on strategic business model transformations, cross‐functional strategy, and change of management by employing change management and implementation programs.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Master in Food Science Biology, or Animal Science.
- 7+ years of experience in food safety compliance, with at least 5 of the years with management experience.
- Must have prior experience with all of the following:
- Multiple food industries and product types including but not limited to meat, dairy, RTE, meals, entrées, cooked, frozen, dry and shelf-stable
- Developing new or improved ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods
- Defining and developing proposals, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents
- Verifying and providing for the validation of raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing and finished products for safety, quality and nutritional value
- Reference summaries to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of client’s food safety strategy for program development and implementation
- Working with food organizations in retailer, manufacturer, food safety lab, and GFSI scheme owner
- Statistics for data analysis reports in food
- Software experience with SAS, SAP, Genesis R&D SQL Nutrition Labeling Software, ICIX
- Experience in supply chain management and approval within each of the 6 major supply chain levels (raw supply, supply distribution, storage, processing, wholesale distribution, retail distribution)
- Vendor management experience with at least 30 vendors
- Food importing and exporting
- Corporate Social Responsibility, working experience with MSC, fair trade and animal welfare
- Teaching and professional training related to the food industry
- Food and food safety business development
- Professional Licenses / Certifications: Certification in Commercially Sterile Packaged Foods, Extrusion Processing and Eechnology and HACCP; certified level as consultant or trainer and code/standard development experience for at least one of the GFSI standards, including BRC, IFS, FSSC22000, and/or SQF
- 60%-70% travel required to various unanticipated client locations in the U.S. and internationally. Telecommuting allowed.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client facilities with little or no notice.
How to Apply: Forward a resume to email@example.com.