All types of business and operational processes demand a variety of audits and inspections to evaluate compliance with standards—ranging from government regulations, to industry codes, to system standards (i.e., ISO), to internal corporate requirements.
Beyond “Find-and-Fix” Audits
Kestrel Tellevate doesn’t rely on the typical “find-and-fix” audits. While these audits are good at identifying and even fixing problems, they don’t prevent problems or create improvements over time. The result is a never-ending cycle of audit reports with problems to fix every year— often the same ones—and requests for funds to fix them.
Improving Business Performance
By combining effective auditing program design, standardized procedures, trained/knowledgeable auditors, and computerized systems and tools, KTL enables companies to capture and analyze audit data, and then use that information to improve business performance.
We design our audit programs to achieve:
- Improved compliance assurance
- Real cost savings over time
- Opportunities for continual business performance improvement
- Greater reliability in implementing sustainable management systems, internal controls, business processes, and operational practices
Parts of the Puzzle
A well-designed and well-executed auditing program—with analysis of audit data—provides an essential tool for improving and verifying business performance. Audits capture regulatory compliance status, management system conformance, adequacy of internal controls, potential risks, and best practices.
However, auditing programs require a management system framework to help ensure operational sustainability. A management system drives the auditing process and helps companies say what they will do, do what they say and, importantly, verify it.
Together, there is real value at the intersection of auditing and management systems. Auditing programs allow companies to identify and correct potential business losses. Management systems then define the internal controls that are in place to prevent losses and sustain and improve performance over time. KTL excels at effectively putting these two pieces of the puzzle together.
Attributes of Effective Audit Programs
- Be consistent
- Rate priorities
- Track and close fixes
- Manage data electronically for efficiency
- Analyze results
- Operationalize and sustain the fixes with a management system
- Audit to check/verify the fixes
- Capture and celebrate best practices
Audit Program Services
Our auditing services include:
- Audit program review, design, and improvement
- Internal auditor training and support
- Outsourced auditing services for management systems and compliance
- Electronic audit software and tools to collect, store, and manage workplace assessments, follow-up actions, and data analysis
Auditing examines a variety of process performance and reliability attributes. We tailor our audits to meet a variety of needs, including the following:
- ISO 9001 (Quality)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental)
- ISO 45001 (Safety)
- ISO 27001 (Information Security – ISMS)
- ISO 28000 (Supply Chain)
- ISO 5001 (Energy)
- FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC, IFS, HACCP (Food Safety)
- Industry-focused requirements
- FERC & NERC (utilities)
- RCMS®, RC 14001®, ChemStewards®, Responsible Distribution® (chemical)
- Joint Commission (healthcare)
- Regulatory compliance (environmental, safety, process safety, food safety)
- Sustainability (verification assessments)