Every organization is at risk from potential operational disruptions—natural disasters, fire, sabotage, information technology (IT) viruses, product recalls, loss of key personnel, acts of violence. And when business is disrupted, the costs can be substantial. Business continuity planning helps ensure that companies have the resources and information needed to maintain service, reliability, and resiliency under adverse or changing conditions.
Effectively Managing Risks
Kestrel Tellevate defines sustainability as staying in business for the long term. While companies can’t plan for everything, they can take steps to understand and effectively manage events and/or changes that might compromise their products/services, supply chain, quality, security, and future as an organization.
Through business continuity planning, we help companies:
- IDENTIFY the human, property, and operational impacts of potential business threats
- EVALUATE the potential severity of associated risks
- ESTIMATE the likelihood of business threats occurring
- CREATE strategies that proactively mitigate the most pressing business threats, take advantage of opportunities that lie ahead, and provide for a more resilient and sustainable future
We work closely with client teams to create a sound Business Continuity Program that:
- Broadens the scope of issues beyond mere emergency response
- Relies on a systematic approach to identify and critically evaluate risks/opportunities
- Ensures that all involved parties understand who makes decisions, how those decisions are implemented, and what the roles and responsibilities of participants are when an incident occurs
- Allows companies to budget for and secure the necessary resources to support critical business activities before, during, and after a major crisis event
- Helps the company stay in business through a time of crisis and/or significant changes
Business Continuity Development Process
KTL follows a systematic process when creating a Business Continuity Program, which can be broken down into the fundamental steps outlined below.
ISO 22301: Societal Security – Business Continuity Management Systems provides guidance to help organizations prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents. Using ISO 22301 as a framework for conducting business continuity work allows Kestrel Tellevate LLC to leverage a company’s existing management systems and ensure consistency with the other ISO management system standards (e.g., ISO 14001 – environment, ISO 9001 – quality, ISO 45001 – safety).
We also are knowledgeable of the ASIS Business Continuity Management System Standard and NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs.