Education/Certifications: M.S. in Environmental Chemistry, University of Idaho; B.S. in Chemistry, Viterbo University; ISO 14001/45001 Lead Auditor; ISO 19011 Auditing Team Leader; OSHA 501/511 Trainer
April is an experienced EHS professional with a demonstrated history of working in the environmental services industry. She brings a strong chemistry and laboratory background to her work at KTL as an EHS Consultant. She is particularly skilled in sustainability, data analysis, and analytical chemistry and has significant experience managing quality, facilities, safety, and regulatory compliance in a laboratory setting.
With nearly ten years of experience in the environmental services industry, April brings a unique perspective to projects. Her background includes experience in the following areas:
- Conducting regular facility inspections and audits to ensure facilities meet quality, safety, fire, and hazard guidelines
- Developing and documenting safety policies, procedures, and training manuals to be used at medical facilities
- Investigating accidents and hazardous incidents to determine the root cause and recommending and monitoring corrective actions
- Managing EHS planning, meetings, and practical implementation
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities in good working order
- Directing quality assurance standards to maximize results
- Updating laboratory procedures according to local, state, and federal EHS regulations
- Overseeing in-depth laboratory inspections and audits.
- Training staff on quality control, safety, and laboratory procedures
April is certified as an ISO 45001 and 14001 Lead Auditor, an ISO 19011 Auditing Team Leader, and an OSHA 501/511 trainer. She is also a Board Member of the Sustainability Institute.