Education/Certifications: Bachelor of Art’s degree in International Relations from American University; Portuguese and Latin American Studies at Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Emily is a Consultant at Kestrel Tellevate with international experience across multiple sectors. She works with multinational companies and government agencies to provide environmental, health, and safety (EHS) compliance and sustainability support, including information management support utilizing various information technology (IT) tools.
Emily has a passion for connecting international relations to policy, environmentalism, trade, and development. She has in-depth knowledge of and experience as a Project Manager, working with federal contracting regulations and requirements, including the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). In addition, Emily has worked on implementing projects for the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Office of Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Chemical Security Program, and U.S. Department of State International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).
Prior to joining KTL, Emily worked for a number of multinational organizations across various sectors. Highlights of her experience include the following:
- As Travel and Logistics Manager for the Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF Global), provided comprehensive international travel risk management and logistical support for international missions in high-risk environments.
- Liaised closely with program officers from USDA ARS and USFS International Programs (USFS-IP) to manage expectations, provide flexible and creative solutions to difficult obstacles, and delicately handle competing interests while managing federal compliance and strict deadlines.
- Closely facilitated USFS-IP program budget planning and forecasting, including managing individual project budgets’ implementation and reporting throughout their lifecycles.
- As a Program Associate within the International Operations and Sales for Business Development division of Boeing, supported a culturally diverse customer base; assisted in the launch of existing product lines into new international market segments by facilitating government meetings, monitoring compliance of information exports, conducting market research, and coordinating international trade show events.
- For Digital Receiver Technology, Inc. (DRT), a subsidiary of Boeing, facilitated the marketing of DRT products internationally and managed customer support.
Emily has worked on projects based throughout Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. Her primary countries of experience include Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Iraq, Turkey, Brazil, Malawi, South Korea, and India. Emily is fluent in English and is proficient in conversational Portuguese and French.