Areas of Expertise: EHS and quality management systems; environmental regulatory compliance – air, water, solid waste, hazardous waste, remediation; safety standards and programs; regulatory sampling and reporting (EPCRA Tier 2, EIQ, LDAR, SWPPP, SPCC, DMRs); environmental permitting; regulatory negotiations
Education/Certifications: Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri – Columbia; Registered Professional Engineer, State of Missouri
Julie is a chemical engineer with over 20 years of experience solving regulatory challenges at industrial and commercial facilities. She has a deep understanding of environmental, health and safety (EHS) and quality management systems; environmental regulatory compliance requirements, particularly related to water, air, solid waste, hazardous waste, and remediation; and safety standards and programs.
As a Senior Consultant, Julie excels at translating regulations into clear actions and helping organizations implement the regulations in a practical way. She is skilled at assessing regulatory applicability, working with regulatory agencies to negotiate requirements, and collaborating with clients to ensure and document proof of compliance with regulations.
Julie brings to Kestrel Tellevate LLC a well-rounded background. She has worked in industry, provided consulting engineer services to industrial and commercial facilities, and held various positions on the regulatory side. Some of her career highlights include the following:
- Developing and managing systems that link EHS programs into an overall system
- Assessing EHS regulatory applicability
- Implementing quality management systems (QMS) and Process Safety Management (PSM) programs
- Conducting regulatory sampling and reporting (e.g., EPCRA Tier 2, EIQ, LDAR, SWPPP, SPCC, DMRs)
- Conducting employee safety training
- Preparing permits, permit applications, permit modification requests
- Managing site characterization, monitoring, and remediation plans, reports, and field activities
Julie has provided technical presentations at various environmental conferences and has served as an expert witness regarding compliance issues. She is a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Missouri.